- 5.1-Channel Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
- - Front L/R: 105 W/ch
- - Center: 105 W/ch
- - Surround L/R: 105 W/ch
- Rated Output Power (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- - Front L/R: 85 W + 85 W
- - Center: 85 W
- - Surround L/R 85: W + 85 W
- Dynamic Power/Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms): 110/130/160/180 W
- HDMI 4 In / 1 Out
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby Digital Plus
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- AM FM Satellite Radio Ready
- FM/AM Tuner
Dead soon after 30 days expired 05/04/2013
This review is from: YAMAHA RX-V471 5.1-Channel AV Receiver
basic receiver, cheap
About 40 days after I bought this, it died completely. I contacted Yamaha support, and they took it for service. It has not been fixed after 4 weeks; supposedly they are waiting for a part.
Be aware that even if this system functioned properly, it has several drawbacks:
* "USB" support means it can play from USB storage that is smaller than 2GB. This is so meaningless that I didn't even have a drive that I could test it with.
* To configure any of the advanced settings (eg subwoofer level) you have to have a television attached to the unit. It is sold as an audio receiver, but will not really work in any setup other than a home theater.
* The remote is almost worthless without a TV connected to the unit. You can change volume, set the input, maybe even navigate to a radio station, that is it. The remote has about 100 buttons, of which about 5 are useful.
I bought this after reading decent reviews in consumer reports. I won't make that mistake again, with electronics products. I wouldn't recommend Yamaha electronics to anyone.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!