- 9 1 x Wheel
- USB Wired
- $59.95 59.95
- $51.86 –
- Save: $8.09 (13%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
A great mouse with some notes 05/27/2013
This review is from: GIGABYTE GM-M8000X Rubber Black 7 Buttons USB Wired Laser Gaming Mouse
- The DPI rocker is just makes sense. Its placement and use feel so natural. It's almost as if you were born with the instinct to use it. That's how simple and intuitive it is. And that's all you can ask for in a mouse - that it feels natural and thoughtless to use.
- The finish on the top and sides of the mouse are a smooth rubber that has just enough tactile friction - not too slippery, not to grippy - and is textured on the sides. Unlike glossy plastic or grippy rubber, this surface lets your hand breathe, which is important if you use the computer a lot and for extended gaming sessions.
- DPI LED indicator makes it easy to tell what setting you're on
- GHOST logo can be set to different colors for different profiles. You can even set it to "off" if you wish.
- Onboard memory. Install the GHOST software, set your profiles, and uninstall the software. Your macros and lighting settings are saved and your computer doesn't have to hold onto the deadweight software.
- Braided cord. This allows the wire to slide more easily across whatever surface you use and makes the wire more resistant to forming a memory
- Weights. You get 3x6g weights and 1x20g weight. Configurations are as follows: 6g, 12g, 18g, 20g, 26g, 32g, 38g. The holes are set in a "dog's paw" pattern, with the large 20g weight hole underneath 3 "finger" holes for the 6g weights. This means you can customize what direction the weight of your mouse leans toward.
- You can't set custom DPI for each profile. Your sensitivity settings are shared across all profiles.
- DPI LED indicator is set to red, no matter what you set the GHOST logo color to
Overall this is a great mouse. At full weights it feels substantial but not too heavy. At no weights it's slick and light but won't fly out of control. It feels very durable, and despite the 2 cons mentioned above, it's a very well designed mouse. The biggest seller is the DPI switch. I feel that Gigabyte is fairly underrated/unknown when it comes to gaming mice (compared to giants like Logitech, Razer, and Mad Catz). I gave this a shot and ended up liking it. Better than any other mouse I've ever owned.
If you're coming from generic optical/rollerball mice, this will be a HUGE upgrade. I can't at all begin to describe the difference you feel with a purposed gaming mouse. It's a great feeling. Makes gaming awesome and improves your overall PC-using experience.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!