- Steel ATX Full Tower
- 2 x USB 3.0 / 2 x USB 2.0 / Audio Front Ports
- 9 External 5.25" Drive Bays
- $179.99 –
- $9.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great case, but with two design flaws 07/19/2013
- Very nice cable management
- Lots of fan mounts
- Hot-swap SSD bay
- HDD bays can be rotated to face the front (gives better airflow than the standard side-facing bays on almost every case)
- Filters on every possible intake
- Small drawer to keep tools or spare parts
- Very nice window
- Integrated fan controller
- VERY strong carrying handle. You could use the case as a weapon and the handle (probably...) won't break off.
Overall a very solid, very practical, but also very nice looking, aggressive case with nice angles and lines.
There are two major design flaws that keep me from giving this case 5 eggs.
1) The carrying handle. Yeah, it's a con too. The top of the case supports 240mm radiators. The problem is that the top handle overlaps the right-side 120mm fan mount on the top of the case. So you can't run 4-fan push-pull without modding or getting a low-profile fan. There's about 17mm of clearance under the handle, while most fans are 25mm in thickness.
2) The front of the chassis doesn't have fan mounting holes. To mount fans on the front you have to have hard drive bays, and the bays themselves have holes for mounting the fans. The case comes with two bays, which assumes that you will use the remaining top 1/3 of the front space for an optical drive and maybe 2 other 5.25" devices. However, that space is the exact right size for a 120mm fan, which you cannot mount to the case without modding or glue...or buying a third cage from the Cooler Master store. The case should come with either 3 cages to mount fans OR a 5.25" fan mount adapter.
Other than that, it's a solid case. An extra hard drive cage will set you back $10, so take that into account if you're thinking about mounting a third front-intake 120mm fan. If you're interested in running a push-pull 240 rad setup on the top of the case, take a look at Gelid's slim 120mm UV Blue PWM fan. It's one of the only slim PWM 120mm fans I could find. It has an LED, but you can switch it off.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!