- Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz
- 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD
- 1366 x 768, Intel HD Graphics 4000
- $552.99 –
- Save: $47.00 (8%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Update from Previous Review about Linux 08/26/2013
- Tried out all sorts of different flavors of linux on this thing, and the one with the best success was Linux Mint 15. All the FN+keyboard keys work out of the box including, my favorites, the disable touchpad and turn of monitor buttons (which should exist on ALL laptops). So did wireless, and everything else I have encountered. Native touch support is fairly good, and there are addons for Firefox and Chrome (ubuntu/debian version) such as "Grab and drag", make using the touchscreen as the primary input device very viable (the right click button on the keyboard helps).
- All versions of ubuntu 12.04+ with touch support have a bug where touch-tap will stop working after a random amount of time until you logg out/in. I assume this will also exist on the other -buntus though I have not tried it yet. However, I saw others having this issue with other brands of laptops so I believe it to be an OS issue and not a negative of this product specifically.
-The review immidiately below me (at least at time of writing this review) is me. I wish there was a way to edit reviews because I just wanted to update to say mint works better than ubuntu as my last review was before I encountered that issue with touch tap, and I don't want someone else wasting hours trying to get that to work.
-I plan to eventually dual-boot mint and windows 8 (to run modest strategy games on the go) and have read of people getting it to work pretty well on this laptop, but I don't want to write a 3rd review for the same product.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!