- Converts Digital Broadcast to your Analog TV
- Analog Pass Through
- Favorite Channel List
- Parental Control Function
- Auto Tuning
- Auto, 16:9 Pillar Box, 16:9 Pan G Scan, 4:3 Letter Box, 4:3 Pan G Scan
- $59.99 59.99
- $32.99 –
- Save: $27.00 (45%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
very poor performer, no refund 09/04/2013
I very rarely rate something this low.
okay - on the good side;
- decent HDTV tuner finds many channels
- small footprint (but you need an external hard drive so this is faint praise)
remote has "short cut buttons" but (see below) this is only limited help for the terrible remote and interface.
now for the bad news:
- awful, awful, awful remote; and poor remote functions (clumsy "play" "fast forward" etc)) compared to other devices (other media players)
- You can program recordings, which are visible in the schedulre, but it WILL NOT record them ...
Because it drops the USB connection on any drive if left idle for something like 30-60 minutes.
That means you can schedule future recordings all you want, but it won't record them even with a functioning USB drive or USB stick attached.
It took me a couple weeks of trying this and that to finally realize, this just isn't a reliable PVR.
Also, the information on channels and interface are bare bones, very hard to navigate, and hard to use.
- - -
To really make matters worse this unit is NOT refundable on NewEgg: See: "Limited Replacement Only Return Policy"
In other words, you bought it?
You keep it no matter how much you hate it.
Since I haven't run into this before on Newegg, this took me by surprise,and now I have a worthless product on the shelf.
This works as a pvr on live TV functions like pause, but not other functions, like scheduling shows.
The only way I could get it to record shows was to press the record button and baby sit the unit in real time.
Note the on-board scheduler says it is scheduled to record, it just doesn't do it, and won't stay connected to USB external drives.
My advice is to get something else, or hook up an old laptop, then use a tuner and software like Win Media center or one of the many good free or paid HDTV recorders.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!