- Wireless Camera
- 1280 x 800 MAX Resolution
- Night Vision
- Video Storage with microSD slot
- H.264 Video Compression
- Built-in Speaker
- Motion Detection
- $199.99 199.99
- $124.99 –
- Save: $75.00 (38%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Sorry D-Link 09/19/2013
I have purchased and used many of D-link's products but unfortunately this camera did not make it to that list. Currently, I also have a LOFTEK CXS 3200 which you can get for around $60 and has way better picture quality and features - make sure to read my Cons section.
Most of the features that the camera offered worked as expected, such as the Micro-SD, night vision, Sound, Motion Detection, Wireless/Wired connections and remote access.
I was able to setup the Camera with my wireless network pretty fast. The interface is actually very easy to use and understand; I was able to find all of the configurations and features where I expected them to be. The motion detection was very accurate also; I had no problems setting this up nor saving files to the Micro-SD or transferring to an FTP site or sending files through email after configuring the SMTP protocol. At night, the infrared kicks in and does show you a picture.
The Camera and the stand itself are OK. They really don't feel like the cheapest plastic, but definitely do not feel like something of high quality. It was very easy to adjust the angle (vertical, horizontal) or keep it pointing to a particular place by making simple adjustments on the stand. Wall mounting was also a breeze. Optionally, you can remove the Stand in case you want to mount the body of the camera using your own methods.
- Price! As mentioned above I have a LOFTEK CXS 3200 which is half the price, you can swivel around remotely and has a much clearer picture. This camera is just too expensive consider the low quality of the picture as I mention below. I did a comparison side by side in multiple environments (low light, bright, dim) and the LOFTEK wins by quite a bit.
- Picture Quality; Although the picture is in fact 720p, the quality is horrible with low lighting. I even tried pointing it at my yard during the day to get a nice clear view and the quality just wasn't there. In some cases it was just blurry when inside the house, you cannot really tell the person's face or make out simple objects. The picture quality did get better if the Camera was basically outside when it's nice and sunny. It really feels more like a baby monitor than anything else.
- Wifi Range: It's not the best. Where I was sitting I had 3 cellphones (Galaxy S4, Torch 9850 and iPhone 4s) and a laptop (HP g7) reach the wireless access point just fine. The camera had to be moved closer in order to reach the access point or it would lose connectivity randomly.
- Limited: For this price I should be at least able to move the camera remotely or have PoE features, which it doesn't.
Make sure to upgrade the Firmware as soon as you configure the Camera.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!