- AMD Hudson M1
- AMD E-450 APU
- DDR3 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066
Not Recommended for Linux Builds 09/23/2013
This review is from: ASUS E45M1-M PRO AMD E-450 APU AMD Hudson M1 Micro ATX Motherboard/CPU Combo
* Theoretically speedy, nice options on board for price
* Easy to install / setup (physically)
* Constant issues with Linux (Debian, Wheezy)
* IRQ Interrupts cause system-wide slowdown and instability
* No proper Linux support from ASUS
I bought this board to run a Debian-based NAS box. Setup of NAS went relatively smoothly, and I was up and running a 3-disk RAID-5 Array for main backups + 2 single disks for individual Windows computer backups.
Problems started to occur when I began using rsync to offload cold-storage copies of my NAS data to external hard drives via Firewire. An IRQ Interrupt on the firewire port would slow the process to a crawl. A reboot would theoretically fix it, but was not ideal.
I'm still in the process of testing this board... 14 days left till I can't return it to Newegg anymore. After looking around online, though, I cannot recommend this board to anyone wanting to use it with Linux.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!