- IEEE802.3/3u, HomePlug AV, IEEE 1901
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Port
- Ports: 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Port
- Up to 500Mbps
Piece of junk with no support 09/27/2013
This review is from: D-Link PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch (DHP-540) Up to 500Mbps
- a setup utility that won't detect the unit (how can it detect a dumb switch?)
- troubleshooting within the setup utility that doesn't offer any useful information
- an associated web support page that's useless
- 'techical' support provided by foreign people with employees that know less than big box store sales people
I may have been unlucky and received a DOA unit but that's no excuse for D-Link's terrible lack of support and lack of proper troubleshooting documentation. My DHP-500AV's can connect fine to each other but they won't talk to this unit nor will my systems using the setup utility.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!