- $49.99 –
- Save: $10.00 (17%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great For What It's Meant For 10/02/2013
This review is from: Kingston Black/Gray 1800 mAh MobileLite Wireless MLW221
- Light, portable, about the same size as most current smartphones these days. It's just a little thicker than my Moto RAZR HD.
- Wirelessly (though WiFi) access data from a USB thumb drive or SD/MicroSD card (MicroSD card to SD adapter included!).
- Device charging capability allows you to charge your mobile Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
- Transfer files from your mobile Android smartphone or tablet to and from the attached USB drive or SD card.
- Network pass-through. Using the MobileLite App, you can connect an existing WiFI network to the device and still access the internet on your phone or tablet even when connected to the MobileLite Wireless. Only 803.11g/n signals, no a/b/ac support.
-Although you can transfer files, you can't transfer more than one at a time.
-User interface is not that friendly. Android users will definitely see something familiar if you've used a file explorer app, but iOS users, I wasn't able to find out how to transfer files from the iPad (Gen2) I was using.
-MobileLite App has no support for Windows Phone or Blackberry (most likely due to lack of consumer support of said OS's)
I was able to use this device to watch movies on a straight three hour road trip. There weren't any hiccups noticeable on my Nexus 7 FHD. I viewed 2 1/2 .mp4 movies as though they were saved directly on my tablet, rather than viewing it on the MicroSD card that was in the MobileLite.
The charging functionality should only be viewed as an extra functionality, not a primary one. The 1800mAH battery isn't enough to fully charge most newer smartphones these days. My Moto RAZR HD has a 2530mAH battery, which was only able to be charged from 8% to about 23%. Enough to make a couple texts and one or two phone calls before completely dying.
One good thing that I found out was the device is still usable when being charged. So you can charge the MobileLite (wall adapter not included) and view your movies or photos simultaneously. Good for when you're at the hotel room and there's nothing good to watch on the hotel TV (assuming you have saved movies on your SD card or USB flash drive).
Overall this device is very useful for those who have limited storage on their mobile device. It's wireless access speeds are very quick and seamless. The only problem I had were with iOS devices, where I couldn't find out how to transfer files to or from my SD card.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!