- Intel Z77
- Core i7 / i5 / i3 (LGA1155)
- DDR3 2800+(OC)/2400(OC)
- $97.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Not happy with ASROCK! 10/02/2013
This review is from: ASRock Z77 Extreme3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Good Price for what it offers
OK When working.
1) Getting boards out of SN order over the last year.
2) BIOS version also out of order.
3) One board had intermittent video issues that took 3 months to narrow down to the board.
4) Had to buy "extra" board because RMA was so slow
5) SATA connectors are on an 90 degree angle, making them difficult to work with in my standard mini-tower cases.
Got a bad board. Every few weeks onboard video would go crazy. Flashed colors. Discrete cards locked image. Only solution was to reboot and lose data. Luckily I had a 2nd system to help me narrow down the faulty part. It was this board.
I then noticed from all the boards I ordered that the serial #'s and BIOS versions we out of order. 1st one I bought had one SN. 2nd board (the Problem one) had another and a newer BIOS Then the 3rd I bought, which should be new, had a LOWER SN than the 2nd and an older 1.10 BIOS.
Did I get a return with an intermittent problem for the 2nd one and another return on this one with an older Serial number?
I was forced to buy a replacement because the system was cfg'd with this board and the RMA process is like pulling teeth. This is the last one I buy. It's one problem out of maybe my last 20, but it was a difficult problem to find.
Trust is gone. I think I am going back to give someone else my business.
I was amazed though. Ordered one day and it in my hands 13 hours later. But that doesn't repair the trust in the products...
5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!