- Intel Core i3 3217U(1.80GHz)
- 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 32GB SSD
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 1366 x 768
- Windows 8
best price point behind the hardware curve 10/03/2013
* Good value.
* Generic non-proprietary power supply.
* Full sized ethernet, VGA, and HDMI ports.
* All reference hardware. No obviously weird components.
* Only McAfee was pre-installed. The initial system image is nearly clean, so I didn't bother to do a wipe and reinstall.
* Doesn't wake up when the lid is opened.
* No mult-touch gestures. Single-touch only.
* The case is plastic, not metallic like most ultrabooks.
* The display panel is old technology; it has a lower black level, viewing angle, and pixel response than I expected.
This is a safe choice for a laptop that costs less than $500. Although it is missing some nearly standard features, you don't get that much more value at the next price point.
The SSD is not partitioned for Ready Boost, which is something that you should do manually.
I would buy this model again if I needed to replace it.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!