- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- Vibration Protection - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
4 TB WD SE says all 10/11/2013
This review is from: WD Se WD4000F9YZ 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Datacenter Capacity HDD
- Optimal storage for NAS and scale-out architectures
- 24x7x365 reliability
- 5-year limited warranty
- Special thanks to NEWEGG for nicely packaging my first 4 HDD and all arrived ALIVE :)
- maybe the price... but no if you want something that will work 24x7x365 reliably it will cost a bit. I got them for $259 with a free gift with each
Had the option to got with WD RED or Black or SE or RE.
From what I read RED is still so so and only 3 year warranty
RE just a bit to much $$$
SE nice middle and for a NAS I really wanted something that will by reliable
Now just need to get the rest of the money to buy the other 4 drives (8 in total) for my Synology DS1813+ NAS
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!