- Copper base, heat pipes with aluminum fins
- $75.99 –
- Save: $16.00 (17%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great for 0db build 10/18/2013
This review is from: SILVERSTONE HE02 CPU Cooler
1. No noise
2. Won't attract dust like ones with fan
1. Too big! Make sure your case can take it.
2. May come too close to VGA card/RAM
3. Mounting is clumsy and hard to work with
This thing will cool a 65W i5-4570S with no issues at all. Great for building totally silent rig - great for bedroom computer. Just don't trust the reviews on other sites that says this won't cool you i5/i7. They are testing it with K-series CPUs, which is nonsense for a zero-fan setup. This is perfect for 35W and 65W CPUs (T and S series).
However, there's something you need to be aware of:
1. Mount your motherboard to the case, bracket, CPU and RAM before you install the cooler. It will block the access to screws, CPU power cable and RAM!
2. Make sure it clears your VGA. I had to mount it upside down to clear my VGA card on the first PCI-E slot in my mATX board.
3. Use low profile/normal profile RAM, no heatspreaders.
4. Make sure your case can take it.
My bedroom rig is totally silent now with FSP silent PSU, i5-4570S with HE02, 128GB SSD and 5450 with just heatsink all put together within a CoolerMaster N200 case.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!