- 32nm Vishera 125W
- 8MB L3 Cache
- 4 x 2MB L2 Cache
- $159.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great CPU! 10/21/2013
2. Great for Gaming, significant performance over my 4 core. My brother has a FX-6200 and an AMD 7950 and I have this CPU and a 7870 and I get better FPS on every game!
3. Does not run hot if you have the proper setup, I live in Houston, Texas and mine idles at 30 degrees, in game it runs at 45-52 degrees and in the prime 95 benchmark software it stays stable at 53-55 degrees. I have a Cooler Master Gemenii and a 140mm shark fan. My case is a mid size and has 6 case fans all controlled my motherboard.
4. I overclocks very easily but I do not keep mine overclocked, I do use the turbo core tech though. Some people have claimed speeds of 4.5-5.0 with it and I have personally got it to a stable 4.1
5. The price to performance was the best on the market using the benchmark score divided by the price and it competed with I-5's and I-7's and the FX-8350, the big brother of this one.
Get a good Motherboard!!!
I bough a cheaper one at first but I found out that it does not support the 8 core CPU's properly and I have heard many of the less than 100 dollar MOBOS do not like this CPU, get the ASUS M5a99x evo R 2.0 it works great!
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!