- 2-in-1, wireless bluetooth silicone keyboard & folding leather protective case, is made specially for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" P5200.
- Accessory Case
I mostly like it 11/04/2013
I like the overall build and design. It holds my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet snugly and securely without clips and all holes align properly. Quick and easy to slide the tablet into and out of the case. Has a solid magnetic flap that holds it together. Keyboard has useful function and arrow keys. Battery life seems long. Looks professional. Arrived in 5 business days.
Major issues -
- The keyboard keys feel mushy - though not as difficult to use as the tablet's screen keyboard, the physical keyboard is so flexible keys often don't register - especially when not on a solid surface (e.g., while held in my lap).
- No delete key.
Minor issues -
- No place to secure ear buds, charging cables, etc..
- Tablet must be used in landscape mode only and has only one position in relation to the keyboard.
- You can't charge the tablet while using the keyboard because the charging connector keeps the tablet cover from seating properly to the keyboard.
- No way to reassign keys to other functions - no software comes with the hardware.
This keyboard-cover appears to be very well designed and built - I don't travel much so probably won't test its durability on the road. Its added weight is noticeable yet reasonable (still far short of a laptop). The keyboard is very difficult for me to type on as I'm a touch typist - I've reverted to two-finger hunt-and-peck on this keyboard - this is especially noticeable when it's held in my lap where keystrokes are often not registered. I wish the cover had a pocket for my ear buds. I have a tablet instead of a more capable laptop because I like the mobility, light weight, Android OS, touch-screen, and long battery life of the tablet - I miss a physical keyboard and this product helped me overcome that obstacle (mostly). 3 eggs for the keyboard, 5 eggs for the overall design, materials, and workmanship.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!