- Two 5.25" Bi-Laminate composite dynamic balance drivers stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and midrange clarity with lower distortion.
- 1-inch Fabric/Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance Dome Tweeter with powerful Neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Features non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75"-thick baffles to ensure cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality.
- Tuned Flared Port minimizes port noise for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- Magnetically-shielded Polk Audio CS1B can be put at any proximity to display devices such as TVs and LCD monitors without loss of sound quality caused by interference. Reversible-design cabinets can be turned upside down to aim "up" when placed under a video monitor.
- $199.99 199.99
- $79.99 –
- Save: $120.00 (60%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Awesome Center to Match with Monitor 60 Towers 12/11/2013
This review is from: Polk Audio CS1 Series II Center Channel Speaker (Black) Single
I cant say enough good about this center. Price is great right now and quality is fantastic. I know many people recommend the CS2 for a little more low end however its bulkier and this speaker sonically is a perfect match for the tower monitor 60's. Also I don't recommend going lower then 80hz on any center channel as it will make voices and audio a bit deep. Many audio enthusiasts recommend keeping your center at above 100Hz but I find that 80Hz which is the THX std works great. I keep my towers at 60hz which allows them to sound as good for music as they do for movies and it keeps the frequency curve near flat with the center as your about an octave higher then the -3db threshold of both sets of speakers. I verified in my own listening tests as well as using a sound level meter and for me this is the sweet spot with this setup. For my rears Im using the monitor 30's also at 80Hz which also blend perfectly with this center. I dont recomend running any speaker down to the lower range it can hit as the volume will slope off and the audio will not be as clean. If you want a flat response for HT you have to set your cross over at about an octave higher, it doesn't need to be perfect and will give you a bit of head room and take some strain off your equipment and speakers. Let the sub woofer do its job and hit the low frequencies. Anyways its an awesome speaker and I don't think most people need the added response of the CS2 as you traditionally set your cross over well above what the speaker can handle, yes its response may be just a hair flatter at the same cross over but its not worth the price delta in my book. Most consumers will be very pleased with this setup and its a no brainier if your using the bookshelf Polks like the R30's as they have an identical range.
None, tremendous value for the dollar spent.
3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!