- PCI Express x1, 5.1 Channels
- Dolby Headphone technology
- ASUS exclusive GX2.5 gaming audio engine
- 3 headphone Amp gain modes for different usage scenarios
- $59.99 59.99
- $44.00 –
- Save: $15.99 (27%)
- $34.00 after $10.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
On the Fence 12/13/2013
This review is from: ASUS XONAR DGX 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Gaming Audio Card
- Noticeable difference between onboard Audio
- Driver Installation is a pain
- Very quiet front panel volume
Error during installation may be related to a different issue, but it says: "Please connect device" or something along those lines. See Other Thoughts.
May want to lookup: Xonar EEPROM Failure.
After unplugging and reseating the card, I can still sometimes get the same error during installation that the card is not connected. Granted, the PCI express card does feel that it's to not seat firmly since the card is long and a little pressure on the end of the card may raise it out of the slot.
I have a lingering feeling that I should have bought the PCI express version of the Xonar 7.1 card. I had it on a previous machine and I was very happy with it. I think once I get the driver worked out, I can work around the low FP volume. It's just a little contradicting to have all this stuff about headphone boost. I'd rather not have to plug and unplug cables when I want to switch between speakers and headphones.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!