- Intel Z77
- Core i7 / i5 / i3 (LGA1155)
- DDR3 2400(OC)/2200(OC)
- $124.99 –
- Save: $15.00 (11%)
- $109.99 after $15.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Basic, but exceeded my expectations 12/13/2013
1. Small, powerful, included software has tons of options.
2. I expected the 35% increase in my 3DMark scores going to SLI, but I did not expect my windows scores on my SDD and Memory to get better (from 7.6 to 7.9).
3. Price value for options and performance is great.
4. Ability to monitor 3 case fans is nice.
5. Plenty of USB 2.0 slots, but would give up two for one more 3.0 slot; but still has two 3.0 slots (One on face-plate/back of MB and one to plug in for front of case)
1. Basic: Installation CD, two HD cords, face-plate and the Sli cord; that’s it.
2. Diodes, or whatever you call them, next to the CPU slot made putting on my stock Intel Cooler harder than it should be. Not comfortable that my cooler is pushing down on the diodes.
3. The included software came with an internet bios upgrade option, but I could not get it to work. I updated the software and an easy option came up to upgrade from file. I downloaded to bios file and updated that way; easy enough.
4. The back end of my large NVidia GTX 670 FTW (Second video card) sits over the Sata 3/6 ports making putting in new cords tough.
Just a little annoying that as good as the software looks, the primary thing I wanted to use (internet bios update) did not work quite as easy as I had hoped. I did like you can choose your own boot-up logo. I knew I was going to have some minor issues because I replaced a Intel Motherboard that did not have SLI to this one, so some driver issues were bound to happen. The driver issues were minor and after a deleting the Intel MB programs the board runs fine.
I personally see no need to Over Clock when my rig will play any current game on Ultra settings; but it comes with a lot of ways to overclock and monitor stability if you are into that. It might not mean much, but maxing out the Windows score was nice cap on an otherwise great upgrade.
I gave it 5 stars because I could not give it 4 and a half, but all the cons were pretty minor in the big scale of things so I rounded up.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!