- 7200 RPM
- 32MB Cache
- SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ
- Ideal for Servers
- $161.99 161.99
- $138.99 –
- Save: $23.00 (14%)
- $1.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Few years in, the verdict. 12/21/2013
- Immensely fast for what it is, boosts performance considerably.
- Drive runs quiet and reliably like a standard drive.
- Installs without a single flaw; like any standard HDD.
- Same great warranty you've come to expect from Seagate.
- Plenty of space for the cost still.
- Heck, cost effective as a drive period.
- Still a mechanical disk, so can be damaged by movement.
- Not as fast as an SSD, of course, but darn close.
Some have said online the drive can make a funny clicking noise...I've yet to experience this, even with the latest firmware. The biggest problem is the hybrid part of the disk is small, so while you get general boosts in performance its not exactly perfect and can actually degrade noticeably with time. Case in point, a fresh install with Windows, using it for awhile, almost all of the critical boot files get cached and Windows boots insanely quick. However after a few months and installing more and more software, you'll start to notice Windows won't bootup with the same intensity it had before. However, it will still generally be very quick. Its just to say it has its own "personality" that occurs as the disk learns what files are best to keep on the flash memory.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!