- Compact And Light Design For Easy Storage
- Supports IDE (PATA) & SATA Hard Drives/SSDs/Optical Drives
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps w/USB 3.0
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps w/USB 2.0
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed
- Hot-Swappable: Plug & Play Without Rebooting
- Supports 2.5" & 3.5" & 5.25"
- Attractive LED Indicates Power & HDD Activity
Never worked once. 12/28/2013
This review is from: VANTEC CB-ISATAU3 NexStar SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter - 2.5"/3.5"/5.25"/SSDs
None. Didn't work with any of the drives tested in Windows or Linux.
Fails to enumerate on the USB3 hub(s) regardless of Windows or Linux, or drive used. Tried with six different SATA drives - all verified to work fine in another USB2 adapter immediately prior. Windows calls it an unknown device, Linux can't enumerate it at all, yet Vantec Support still acted like I should somehow see it in Disk Manager. As a heavy user of SATA to USB2 adapters, I was hoping this would do the same job with better speed, but no such luck.
I could have put up with the awkward, fragile and overall cheap-feeling design of the device itself if it had worked. It seems as if it's designed to eventually snap off a SATA power/data connector (unless you rest it upside-down, in which case, why bother putting LEDs on it?)
Vantec has had good products and bad ones, and this is not one of their winners.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!