- 128MB RAM & 128MB Flash
- Dual Band N750 300 + 450 Mbps
- Advanced QoS - Optimized for smooth HD streaming and gaming
- Gigabit Wired
- Apple Time Machine Compatible
- ReadyShare USB Storage Access
- $99.99 –
- Save: $50.00 (33%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Known problems that they will not fix 12/30/2013
When it works the features are nice. good signal strength.
Where do I start. The wps feature on this router will start up when the router is rebooted or powered on after initial setup. The problem is, that when the wps feature is running, it stops the radio functions of the router. There is no way to keep this from happening. In short, if you need to reboot etc for any reason, (which you will). your router will be useless for Wi-Fi. until the WPS stops. I have had it go for more than a day before. it is so frustrating. I have done my research and many others have found this problem. Netgear is aware of it. There support is frustrating. (oversees). they treat you as they would treat themselves. (as if you know nothing). They had me return my router to newegg and I was sent a new one. This does not help!
2. The DLNA server will not update your files as you add them to your attached usb storage. I have fought with this to. although you can access the added files from your computer through the network drive, the DNLA server feature will not see them. I had their tech support try to help with this as well. other than having me log into the readyshare app on the computer to add the files, they were not much help and the problem still persists.
I think Netgear tried to add to many features to this device. some are not needed and most do not work as they should. I hope they can work the bugs out of this device and if they do, it will be worth buying. But until they do, I would not buy this again. I have wanted to throw it against the wall a few to many times.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!