- Three Tuners
- DLNA and UPnP Support
- Watch TV on your network
- Premium cable TV channels
- $199.99 199.99
- $99.99 –
- Save: $100.00 (50%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
- Functions flawlessly all the time
- Streams SD channels perfectly to the nPlayer app on my iPad over 300mbps WiFi
- CableCard setup with Comcast was...surprisingly...easy.
- Streams to other PC's on my network just as easily as it does my HTPC
- Works fantastically with Windows Media Center
None. Can't think of a single one.
Having a gigabit network is essential to getting clean, hiccup-free TV from this unit. I tried many things to get around this including:
- 300mbps wireless
(works great with SD channels, not so much for HD)
- 600mbps wireless
(worked well for one HD channel, no so much for multiple HD channels i.e. recording multiple shows)
- Relocating all of my network devices to behind the TV
(this worked as far as TV performance was concerned but I couldn't get used to not having all the network equipment in my office, man-cave place)
- Direct ethernet connection from the tuner to the HTPC
(took VERY long for the units to start talking to each other after the HTPC was brought out of sleep mode despite following all recommendations contained in the manual/Silicon Dust forums)
What finally worked and allowed me to keep my network equipment where I wanted it and allowed me to get a clean stream from this unit was:
- 450mbps powerline adapters to get internet down to the entertainment center
- The entertainment center PL adapter was then connected to a gigabit hub
- The HDHomeRun Prime and HTPC were then connected to the same gigabit hub
This gave me a good gigabit connection between the HDHomeRun Prime and the HTPC and provided a sufficient internet connection to the HTPC for WMC guide updates, NetFlix, etc.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!