- 18-21,000 Hz
- 3.5mm Connector
Awesome Bluetooth Headphones! 01/13/2014
NOTE: Not an audiophile, but I do appreciate a nice set of headphones with awesome sound quality, build, and visual aesthetics. I do mention an audiophile grade headphone, but I am no where near the level of someone that would know a sound graph.
- Sounds Great! Nice range of sound. I was surprised these sounded as good as they do when using it as Bluetooth headphones (option to use included 3.5 mm stereo cable, necessary when battery dies). Comparing these to Sennheiser HD 280 Pros as a reference (my audiophile grade headphones), the Philips headset sounds like a couple steps down, but overall still good. Audio is sub-par when using Bluetooth; receive some muffledness - a loss in sound clarity. Lose some bass quality as well, but overall, these sound great! Using the stereo cable increases the overall sound quality.
- Very Lightweight: A necessary, if not required, build characteristic for wireless headphones. Unfortunately these don't fold inwards. The earpieces themselves can be turned to face downward, though, so the set can be laid flat or squeezed into a bag or backpack.*
- Battery Life: For days! Didn't need to charge these for at least a couple days with moderate listening and phone usage...
- ...Phone Usage!: When paired to a compatible phone (I used my Motorola RAZR HD) to listen to music, incoming calls will be notified through the headphones, allowing these to double as a headset. Great phone clarity. Built-in mic offered great audio to the caller. Did not once receive a caller that wasn't able to hear me well.
- On-Earpiece Controls: You get a conveniently placed volume rocker that doubles as skip track, as well as a large play/pause/answer button all on the outer construction of the right earpiece.
- Comfortable: Memory foam padding on the earcups and headband are very plush. I was able to wear these comfortably for hours. Supra aural design allowed my outer part of my ears to sweat less than circumaural headphones do.
- Not Foldable: In my opinion, Bluetooth headphones, should be able to fold in so their easier to stow in a bag.
- Feel a Little Flimsy: I know I wouldn't have any trouble with keeping these in one piece, but the twisting on the hearcups to lay the set down flat feels like it won't be able to last a couple years.
- Very Bright LED: When using this in Bluetooth mode, the play/pause/answer button slow pulses a blue light that's very bright. So bright, that it reflex off my glasses when I'm in low-light rooms.
- Bluetooth Sound Quality: Like almost any wirelessly transmitted audio, you will lose quality. But it's not so bad that it's not acceptable.
Overall, I was very surprised with this headset. My expectations going with these were more on the, "I'll just use these to listen to something while taking a walk or doing things around the house." But in the end, I found myself going to these more often when it comes to doing gaming on my PC, or watching YouTube on my tablet, and just plain listening to music in general. The fact that these are so lightweight, I choose them over my HD 280 Pros. The sound stage on the Philips aren't refined at all (go as far as saying there is none. Period.), but they're so comfy and don't sound that bad. And the headband doesn't squeeze my brains out (motorcycle helmet: Large).
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!