- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- Vibration Protection - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Just to thank the real reviewers 01/17/2014
This review is from: WD Se WD4000F9YZ 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Datacenter Capacity HDD
If handled reasonably, these appear to be good drives ... even though they will throw non-recoverable errors at lower temps than WD Red drives (Se can operate at 50 degC, Red up to 70 degC).
There's a distinct trend of sloppy packaging reported. A WD selling point of this drive is the long factory burn-in. Drives exhibiting battle-scars on delivery? No thanks. I'd rather the drives be well-packed, even if the trip here seems to be via slow boat on a long river in Brazil.
That outlet that generally sits on your order for a week, unless you pay extra? Hah. Order on a Saturday, and then try to cancel the order Sunday night. Your drives will be on the truck on Monday morning. No fuss. No muss. Just accept the drives when they arrive ... well packaged, and live on arrival.
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!