- Quad-Core 1.60GHz
- 1GB RAM, 16GB Flash Storage
- 8" IPS LED Touchscreen (1280x800), Mali-400 GPU
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi, BT 3.0, Dual Camera
- Android 4.2
- $139.00 –
- Save: $90.00 (39%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
charging issue (update) 01/22/2014
see prior review. solved prior charging issue
can not find a case to fit this will have to special order one..
in prior review of the device i stated it would not charge when in off (shutdown) mode. i was able to remedy the issue. if you have the same issue here is what should solve the problem.
if after update of asus 220.127.116.11 the device does not charge in off state you will need to wipe the cache and reset to factory via hard reset. a hard reset can be performed via the following steps.
1. shut device down completely.
2. press and hold volume up and press and hold power on. when you see the asus logo release the buttons. it is normal for screen to stay dark for a few seconds about 5 seconds or so. you will eventually have a "no command" with a red triangle warning.
3. press and hold power and tap volume up. you should now have a menu up. goto bottom and wipe system cache. restart device. *note pressing power power =enter*
4. repeat steps 1-3.*** EXCEPT do not perform wipe cache.***
5. now goto factory reset and select yes. then allow device to restart.
goto settings >battery and take notice of percentage. shut device down.
plug in charger wait about 30 minutes it should have charged. somewhat. i do not recommend using a usb port charger from a pc they do not have the same voltage or amp ratings as the one that was supplied.
as best as i can tell there appears to be a residual code that does not allow charging when off in the cache or new settings are not loaded with the asus update and must be forced to new update. or removed from old cache. this solved my issue. for no charging in power off state and i will not RMA this device..
6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!