- T - Teen
- Genre Compilation
Played for years and will continue to! 01/26/2014
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Battle Chest w/ Lich King PC Game
Where to I even start????
- With this expansion, you have 80 levels of questing, lore, cinematics, dungeons to play with other players, low level player vs player (pvp) play, and tons of story involvement.
- At level 70, you can start getting groups together to complete end-game (Burning Crusade; BC) raids and take on Illidan and many others. At level 80, you can start getting groups together to complete even more end-game (Wrath of the Lich King; WOTLK) raids that are even more advanced and rewarding, taking on Titans, Scourge, huge Dragons, and even The Lich King himself. Outdated content for most, but for a new player, this kind of stuff is what an MMO player dreams of and Blizzard truly delivered in WOTLK.
- You have Death Knights once you reach level 55 on any character. I'll stay away from the nicknames for the time being, but definitely a fun class to play that comes with a free mount and starts at level 55.
- You choose your side. Become the warmongering, bloodthirsty Horde (Thrall enthusiasts would disagree, but FOR THE HORDE nonetheless) by choosing to be Orc, Troll, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elf (and later, Goblin). Or defend a righteous cause for all good in Azeroth by choosing to be Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Dreanai (and later, Worgen). Best of all, you can play all races and both sides on the same server.
- Many classes, much happy. Warlocks. Mages. Hunters. Warriors. Death Knights. Priests. Druids. Shaman. Paladins. Rogues. (And later, Monks.) You have plenty of time to try each out and master them all if you want. The specifics of getting the most out of each class can become confusing at times, but there's plenty of help pages to get you going and to help you understand your role.
- SO MUCH AZEROTH. The place is freaking HUGE. You have Kalimdor to explore and quest, mostly Horde based. You can quest and explore the Eastern Kingdoms where the Humans and majority of the Alliance reign supreme for the most part. After level 68(??) you can venture to the cold Northrend and it is just as huge with just as much to do and explore. The maps are breathtaking if you have a decent computer that can run the graphics near MAX.
- This game NEVER ends. Sure, believe it or not, it CAN get boring after a while, but there's still so much to do. You can spend your time raiding, questing, pvping, gaining achievements, unlocking mounts, battle pets, rolepaly if you so choose, transmog your equipment to dress your character how you want, gain reputation with factions for special rewards, and there's TONS more.
This isn't so much a con of the game, but the players. As with nearly every MMO out there, you WILL inevitably run into very bad, mean, rude, terrible players and trolls who can ruin other people's fun for their own sadistic entertainment. But like I said before, that's not a fault of Blizzard and Blizzard, for the most part, has features available in game to help you control your interaction with the players, scammers, and trolls, along with live, in-game help (granted, sometimes you may be waiting a long time for a response...).
I have played this game since WOTLK for quite a few years and have played all end game content when it was current, extensively. I love it and I am a casual player, raider, and pvp for fun. I highly recommend this game to anyone interested in MMOs and non-FPS online gameplay.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!