- Intel Z87
- 4th-Gen Intel Core i7 / i5/ i3 (LGA1150)
- DDR3 2800 (OC) / 2666 (OC)
- $274.49 –
- Save: $15.00 (5%)
- $254.49 after $20.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Not practical for air cooled multi graphics cards 01/27/2014
This review is from: ASUS Z87-WS LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Great quality, feels sturdy
- No issues to report, worked great out of the box
- Lots of features, tons of room for expansion
- The PCI Express slots are too close together to fit many dual slot cards at all.. and the ones that do fit are too close together for any reasonable cooling performance
If you're going to do dual slot cards, make sure that they do not have a backplate that sticks out too much, otherwise they simply will not fit at all. Even if you can get dual slot cards in here, just be sure they are water cooled. It's impossible to cool them on air effectively. Single slot cards would perform much better on air here.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!