- 1280 Stream Processors
- 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
- PCI Express 3.0 x16
Best GPU of winter 2013 01/29/2014
+ this was dirt cheap $150 + rebate winter 2013
+ Overclock-able... did you see that the GPU just winked ; )
+ performance/price vs re-brand r270 is about 6% less, OC your 7870ghz MSI to gpu-core1150 memory 1450 PowerControlSetting+20% & set fan to 45-50% with MSI afterburner or CCC. And you'll be about = for $50 dollars cheaper. (all depends on luck with OC performance)
+ plays all games I tested (steam 125games) on 1080p, Ultra shadows, High to Ultra Textures,& mixed AA settings (8xAA-Fxaa)@45-70FPS
+ Temps stay at 25-35C idle 54-59C Under Load with MSI Afterburner automatic fan control
- Check your GPU for dust, I didn't when 1st installed it. I OC'd it & started getting artifacts. Turned OC off didn't help much. Then took a can of air... & man my GPU coughed up a hairball. MSI must have cats in their factory's.
- driver disk included is always garbage, ALWAYS download your drivers from Manufacturer MSI or AMD directly web site (you'll see up to a 15-30% FPS increase)
- GPU automatic fan control threw CCC wasn't working correctly. Card was overheating to 75C for the 1st couple hour's. Till I set up MSI afterburner's fan control.
- wanted a gtx 770, but being poor on a budget is my personal Con...lol
- not really a con but didn't know where to stick this info, @ 50% fan speed is when you say to yourself "I think my GPU is angry" it's loud from there on up.
Overall I m really happy with this GPU & think it'll last me 2-3 years. If I can fight off the urge to build another PC. MSI is a sexy company with great products & AMD didn't disappoint with this soon to be legendary GPU.
I really want to give this GPU a viking burial when it dies. = )
CPU: AMD 8320 Black Edition 8 core3.5Ghz/4Ghz turbo/ 4GhzOC
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus +Artic Silver 5 Goo
Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-D3P AM3/AM3+
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws X 16Gbs-2x8GBs 1866Mhz
GPU: MSI Radeon HD7870Ghz OC Edition 2GBs GDDR5 GPU 1050Mhz Memory 1200Mhz
OC: GPU 1150Mhz Memory 1450Mhz PowerControlSettings+20%
Hdd: Sandisk 128GB SSD boot drive
2x1Tb Hitachi 7200RPM Hdd
2Tb WD MyBook 7200RPM external Hdd
PSU: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+Bronze Full Modular
Case: Rosewill Challenger USB3.0 version Mid-tower
OS: W7 64bit Home premium
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!