- 600 - 2400 RPM (PWM) +/- 10%
- 19.17 - 86.15 CFM +/- 10%
- Fan Noise 19 - 40 dBA
Closed loop was not a good tradeoff 02/04/2014
## From the prospective of paying $30 after rebate/discounts ##
* Decent performance. Comparable to much larger air coolers.
* Cooler Master customer support is excellent.
* Serial number is on a perforated hanging tag on the Pump cable // can be lost if you're not careful. Kind of sucks.
* Removing a fan from the motherboard area means less cooling for other chips. VRMs for example, and thus less overclocking performance. I much prefer a high end top down cooler.
* Included fan is Loud. Especially because with a radiator, the fan is no longer on the motherboard, but instead on an external fan slot, and sound is less contained by the case.
* After 6 months my pump became even louder than the fan.
* More moving parts than a basic heatsink + fan means more to fail.
* Even though it didn't fail, noises pushed me to replace it.
I like a lot of other Cooler Master products. I don't blame the company, but seeing as I had so many noises and concerns, It was really a no brainier to replace it with a hyper 212.
I also wanted to sell my PC. Even if I was OK with random sounds, a buyer would have been quite wary.
After I replaced it I noticed there was no serial number. CM worked with me to find any possible way to recover the serial for RMA, but I eventually just gave up and threw it in the trash.
This is my 2nd build with closed loop. Overall, I have come to prefer air. For $35 you get very similar cooling in a hyper 212.. for more money, you can get a nicer Nocutua, which is not only less prone to failure but also comes with very nice fans.
This is important because it seems like all the closed loop, even the h100i, come with very loud fans. Yes you can get more CPU cooling from a dual rad like that, but your chipset temps may also spike versus a top down cooler, which is blowing air across the motherboard.
Tower coolers like the 212 don't really cool the motherboard either, but at least they are cheaper and probably more reliable. Simplicity is also rewarding.
I see no reason to go for another cheap Closed loop, nor the premium models.
Dear Valued Customer,
We apologize for the trouble that you are experiencing with the Seidon 120M. Please let us know if we can provide any more assistance.
2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!