- Steel ATX Mid Tower
- 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O front panel ports Front Ports
- Side Air duct
- 2 x External 5.25" Drive Bays
- $119.99 119.99
- $79.99 –
- Save: $40.00 (33%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Wonderful design 02/13/2014
This review is from: Fractal Design Define R4 with Window Titanium Grey Silent ATX Mid Tower Case
I rarely write reviews unless I am very impressed by something. This case falls into that category. It is good because:
1. I do not need a full tower case with 20 5" bays. This case has 2 5" bays. So the profile is neat.
2. The case keeps my desktop quiet. I am running a AMD 990fx board with Phenom X6 1100T, plus 3 HDDs and 1 SSD. After only changing the case, I am amazed by how quiet the system becomes. I mean, I did not know a computer case can make such a big difference. The HDD caddy requires screws, but I am never a fan of the toolless case anyway. BTW, did I say it is quiet?
3. The hard drive cage in the middle can be removed to take exceptionally long video cards.
4. As many people have mentioned, it gives good cable management space at the back of board tray.
5. It keeps dust out nicely. I live in a room with carpet, so those cases with a million vent holes will turn my desktop into a big dust bin.
Some issues, not exactly cons.
The front door assembly is connected with the main control panel. If you want to install a water cooler or new fans, it could be tricky. I accidentally disconnect the fan speed control cable.
The case has no LED light for HDD activity, I have to get one from an old case.
Mounting SSD on the back of board tray is not practical unless you will never touch the SSD again. A bracket is probably a better solution.
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!