- Intel Core i5 3337U (1.80GHz)
- 6GB Memory 500GB HDD 24GB SSD
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 1920 x 1080
- Windows 8
Style, touchscreen, neat and clean, graphics and sound are outstanding.
WiFi is fast, and keyboard and touchpad are different but with touchscreen it is easy.
None so far.
Acer Touchscreen R7-571 review by Computers-ITPro
Laptop has two Solid State hard drives and the hardware is indeed impressive, has no DVD burner or
OK, so I decided to see what make it tick like I do with everything I buy?
(Note: Before I could do the following I had to go into the Bios and change to legacy boot in two places and turn off secure boot and create a password to get into the bios.)
(There are three hidden screws and you need a T7 torx screw driver, the hidden screws are under the bottom rubber pads (little pad has one screw and the big one has two “just lift the ends of the tab slightly to expose”)
1. Took it apart removed 2 GB stick and 500 GB spinning hard drive and installed a 4 GB stick of DDR 3 12800 ( since the other 4 GB is built into the motherboard) and a 120 GB SS Samsung hard drive. “Note: Tried a 8 GB stick but it only read it as 4 GB”
2. I deleted the 7 GB and 14 GB partitions on the 25 GB cloud hard drive and formatted in NTFS and allocated 18 GB as virtual memory paging in the advanced settings part of the performance settings in system.
3. I partitioned the 120 GB hard drive in half with Aomei partition manager and booted to the external DVD burner and installed Windows 8 then I booted to the external DVD burner and installed Windows 7.
4. Windows creates the boot menu and gives you a choice to make up your mind in 25 seconds; at this point I always install Easy BCD and configure it to do what I want.
5. Used the Windows partition as a source to find drivers for Windows 7 since Windows 8 found all
Hardware drivers all by itself; all drivers were found except WiFi….so I used a fast very small USB
half inch wireless adaptor; Graphics and sound are exceptional.
The touchscreen seems to works great on both operating systems but seemed a little faster on
Windows 7, both wireless adaptors are fast, and the laptop over all is really neat.
The internal hardware construction looks like an Apple MacBook, ie battery long and flat panels and laptop is very thin.
On a scale of one to ten I give it a ten because Microsoft Word automatically corrects the space bar not working all the time.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!