- Up to 27 ppm
- 2400x600 dpi
- USB, Wireless and Ethernet Compatible
- 250 Sheet Standard Paper Capacity
Still Great 02/18/2014
This review is from: Brother HL-2270DW Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer
After 2.5 years I still love this printer.
+ Fast -- 27ppm is enough to impress those used to inkjet.
+ Economy -- I spend <1.5 cents per page on toner.
+ Wireless -- WPA/WPA2 encryption, etc
+ HTML interface -- Expert configuration over the network.
- Network settings are a pain to reset if you change your wireless security scheme. (Try pretending to connect to another network. This cleared the connection memory for me.)
- While on Linux Mint my duplex printing works great, my partner's Windows 7 machine does not seem to understand duplex printing. Perhaps it needs some driver utility? I think I blame Microsoft.
- Free toner cartridge does not last long. Make sure to but a replacement when you order the printer.
- Rosewill high-yield toner claims 2600 pages, but I only got ~1800 pages before seeing low-toner defects. Still very economical.
- Not color. (Good luck finding color laser in this price range unless someone is tricking you into buying expensive toner.)
5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!