- Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- Vibration Protection - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- $229.99 229.99
- $189.99 –
- Save: $40.00 (17%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Good hard drives 02/19/2014
All 8 worked out of the box, which is more than I can say about my last experience with Seagate.
More expensive than a normal hard drive, but you get what you pay for.
In my opinion, there shouldn't be any difference in an enterprise class drive vs a "normal" drive... they should all be up to the same quality and durability standards. Too bad I don't rule the world.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!