- 1500 +/-10% RPM 94 CFM
- Radiator Dim. 140 x 170 x 27mm
- Fan Dim. 140 x 25mm
- Fan Noise 35 dBA
- $99.99 99.99
- $88.99 –
- Save: $11.00 (11%)
- $78.99 after $10.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Pleased with the results on a FX-8320 02/20/2014
This review is from: CORSAIR Hydro Series H90 High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 140mm
Space: 140mm is better and less messy/bulky than a 280mm setup.
Results: has brought down the temps on my FX8320 from 40C (idle)-60C/crash (IntelBurnTestv2 std-load) (stock heatsink/fan) to 33C-41C (respectively)
I can only speak about AMD AM3+ motherboards in general.
1. This fan IS loud... but gets the job done... BUT IS LOUD! and here is where this loses an egg for me. I wish Corsair would sell a FAN with the same specs but less noisy.
Installation, Installation, Installation...
1. the Installation procedure could be a lot faster/simpler = easier if they would reuse the back-plate support that comes with AMD mobo. Just include some screws that fit the 'standard' and throw in an extra 'standard' back plate in case the old one is not so standard.
2. These screws that they include need some sort of plastic base that needs to be assembled before you can use the screws = WASTE OF TIME... at least the AMD do not need this... if I am not mistaken they are made that way for the 1155, 1150 and 2011 intel sockets... well the AMD AM3 plate could have come with them already built into the top bracket plate. Assembling these little things takes unnecessary time.
3. the FAN cable 'could' be a little longer... in my case, where the fan had to go from the top outside to the inside, had this cable been 2" longer, I wouldn't had have to do some serious workarounds to get this thing to work.
The H90 was used on a build for medium graphics demand. I used it using an NZXT H2 Classic Silent case that won't take the 280mm radiators. This case has just a 240mm fan opening at the top of the case where I manage to split/install the H90... radiator inside, Fan Outside... the Fan (that sits on top of the case) is protected with a Grill and it seems that 'breathes' better being placed in the outside... as it pulls air 'into' the radiator. I am very pleased with the setup even though the H90 fan is the loudest part of my setup.
Build where the H90 was used
CPU: AMD FX 8320 - $99 (BrandNew)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H90 - $80 (BrandNew)
Mobo: MSI 970A-G43 - $45 (OpenBox)
RAM: 16GB 2x8GB Crucial Ballistic 1600 - $90 (OpenBox)
OS-HD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD - $130 (Mfct-Refurb)
PSU: Corsair CX600M - $65 (BrandNew)
GPU: ATI Radeon 4870x2 - $100 (CraigsList)
Case: NZXT H2 Silent Classic - $85 (BrandNew)
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!