- Steel / Plastic
- 1 x Audio/Mic, 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0 Front Ports
- 0 External 5.25" Drive Bays
- 5 Internal 3.5" Drive Bays
High quality case for a mid budget build 03/03/2014
This case is nothing new or fantastic or amazing. In fact, the only revolutionary thing about this case is the budget. That said, it's astoundingly revolutionary to get the sheer build quality at this price range, not to mention all of the extra features. Things I love about my H440:
- The design. It's impeccable.
- The fan controller. Never seen that in a midrange build.
- The water cooling capabilities are that of a $250 case.
- The LEDs on the expansion slots and the mobo ports in the back I actually haven't ever seen on any case at any price.
- The PSU shroud. Again, haven't ever seen one before, but I wouldn't be surprised if they exist. It makes cable management a breeze.
- The foam padding to dampen the sound of the build.
- The quality and quantity of fans that come with it.
- The fact that there are easily removable dust filters for the fans (they put magnets on one of them to hold it in, easy to remove, easy to replace. Genius)
- I could go on and on about the little things that don't matter as much, but there's a lot more pros than this.
While I'm obviously a huge fan of this case, there are a couple things I'm not the biggest fan of.
- I have an NZXT Hue (LED lighting, goes in 5.25" bay.) I had to mount it down in the PSU shroud under the HDD bays. It fits, but it's not perfect. I didn't expect it would fit at all though, so I guess this is kind of a pro.
- The SSD mounts are on top of the PSU shroud. I'll probably buy an adapter to put it in the HDD bay so I don't have to look at it.
I'm a huge fan of the NZXT H440. This is my first NZXT case, and will probably be the last case I buy for a long time down the road. It's a beautiful case and I would highly recommend it.
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!