- AMD 970
- FX / Phenom II / Athlon II
- DDR3 2000(O.C.)/ 1866/ 1600/ 1333/ 1066
- $109.99 109.99
- $84.99 –
- Save: $25.00 (23%)
- $3.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)
Super great with a tiny draw back 03/03/2014
1. 8+1 power phase for decent cpu overclock
2. Great feature set for single gpu builds. Very close to a 990 boards in terms of what it has and can do, but if you want sli/crossfire to it's full potential then you might need to look elsewhere.
3. Great layout of ports. Easy to get to and clearly labeled.
4. PCB is not flimsy. Very, very solid.
5. Beefy looking heatsinks on the mobo.
I like this board a lot. Got my fx 6300 overclocked to 4.3ghz with ease and has support for the higher TDP processors. This board really helped me stay within my budget gaming build without making too many compromises for overclock and swapping out to an 8core cpu later.
I'm still going to give it 5 eggs but there is a minor nuisance with this board. I have an ssd so when I boot up it is crazy fast. But when I overclock, this board stutters a little bit. Lights flash and fans whir for a fraction of a second, power down, then boots back up like normal. All in all it adds 5 seconds to my boot time. I'm not complaining like "Oh no...give me back my 5 seconds" but it only boots up super normal-fast when nothing is being overclocked on the board.
I had a similar issue many years ago on an intel q6600 build where when I overclocked my computer could not go into sleep mode. It was a gigabyte board back then and when I asked for their assistance, they told me that them's the breaks and offered no further assistance. It turned me off to gigabyte for a long time after that and jumped on this board from it's positive reviews and feature set.
I'm usually an As_s and M_I guy but been hearing that their customer service and quality has been going down hill. Heard the opposite of gigabyte as of late. Of course, all of this is anecdotal but I can say that I don't regret this purchase at all and I hope I don't have to ever use gigabyte's improving customer service.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!