- Intel Z87
- 4th-Gen Intel Core i7 / i5/ i3 (LGA1150)
- DDR3 2933(OC)/1600
Last time I purchase a GigaByte product 03/06/2014
This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-Z87M-D3H 1.0 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Nice design. Solid specs. Good price (before factoring in troubleshooting and RMA costs).
I was a loyal Gigabyte customer since 2008. But now it is time to switch brands. GigaByte quality is really taking a dive lately. The last 4 GigaByte boards I purchased, 2 were DOA and 1 is unstable (2 sticks ok but BSOD when using 4 sticks of RAM that they list as compatible).
Thank you for your comments. We apologize for your difficulty with your GIGABYTE product. Please contact us at email@example.com with the case number 107141 in the e-mail subject line. We will provide personalized service and analysis to help solve your issue ASAP. If the matter is urgent, please send us your contact number, and we will contact you.
For no POST/display issue, please check the following:
1. Be sure the CPU is supported by this motherboard, for CPU support list please go to the GIGABYTE website.
2. Check memory requirement and memory installation, be sure the memory is/are seated properly. You may test the board with a single stick to rule a single bad stick of memory.
3. Be sure the ATX 24-Pin and ATX 12V 4 or 8-Pin are plugged in firmly into the board.
4. Check for visible bent or broken pin(s) in the CPU socket (Intel CPU).
5. If you have an add-on video card installed, please check if the card requires additional powers 4, 6, or 8 Pin PCIE power.
6. Test the board on a non-conductive surface or test bench to rule out the grounding possibility.
7. Check monitor for video input selection, VGA, DVI, or HDMI.
8. Avoid using any video adapter or KVM switch.
9. Test with different video cable.
10. Clear the CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery from the battery socket, leave it out for 5 minutes and place it back after that (positive side faces up).
GIGABYTE VIP Support Team
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!