- DDR3 1600/1333
- Supported only by CPU with integrated graphic
Good for a firewall or a NAS, not for HTPC. 03/29/2014
This review is from: Giada N70E-DR Intel Celeron 1037U Intel HM77 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU/VGA Combo
This board throws every possible feature you could possibly think of that would fit on a mini-itx board.
dual ethernet (Intel 82574L's!), msata, 6 sata ports, 2 USB ports with headers for another 2. Full length PCIE x16 slot (works at x4 speeds)
Build quality is good, all solid caps. very reminiscent of industrial motherboards.
Where to start...
1. Only 1 memory slot. No dual channel memory means slow 2D performance in windows.
2. Very skimpy documentation. It doesn't even come with a manual. Good luck trying to figure out the front panel pin-outs.
3. Very sparse BIOS, no UEFI? No BIOS updates? No BIOS available on their website at all?
4. A GFI parted Windows 8 install doesn't want to recognize this board, no settings to switch between legacy and UEFI (I'm assuming it's legacy all the way)
5. Wrong LAN drivers on their website
It's good for a firewall, or a NAS, not so good for an htpc. Even for all the features it crams in there, it's overpriced at $180. The lack of up-front support is especially troubling.
Giada obviously knows how to build hardware, it's too bad they don't know how to sell to the consumer.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!