- Up to 300 Mbps speed
- Wireless-N 2.4 or 5 GHz band
- Traffic prioritization for smoother video streaming
- Tabletop or outlet placement
- Surf, stream and share online from hard-to-reach areas
- $79.99 79.99
- $59.99 –
- Save: $20.00 (25%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Easy to setup and well designed 04/05/2014
This review is from: Linksys RE2000 N600 Dual Band Wireless Range Extender
This range extender is available in two hardware versions: 1.0 and 2.0. This review is for version 2.0. Simplistic design with 2 mounting options: it can be plugged into free outlet or connected to outlet by means of included power cord. When plugging in directly into dual outlet, this router does not obstruct second outlet. Included accessories are optional power cord, Ethernet cord and Software/Manual CD. Router shipped with up-to-date firmware, version 2.0.00.
Included on CD software is not compatible with current Mac OS 10.9.2. At the time of writing (March 2014) there were no compatible Mac OS Setup software available, even from support section of Linksys website.
User Manual on CD is multi language PDF file and you’ll have to scroll to page 94 to read it in English.
Attention: RE2000 has 3 ports open: 80 (used for administration), 49152 (this returns 404) and 5xxxx (this exposes extender’s identity: manufacturer's name, model number, serial number; also this changes after each reboot) - this might be an security issue for some.
Unable to use provided software, I found a way to setup this extender in different way. Following steps were taken:
1. Connect to WiFi network created by this extender, named LinksysExtender
2. After success connection go to address 192.168.1.1 and login with blank username and password “admin”
3. Click on “Wireless” tab and extender will perform survey of available WiFi network automatically
4. From list choose network that needs to be extended, and if it is secured network you will be prompted to enter password
5. Allow extender to finish configuration, place it halfway between your primary router and site where extended WiFi is required
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!