- AMD 760G + SB710
- FX / Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series
- DDR3 2000*(*O.C.)/ 1866*/ 1800*/ 1600*/ 1333/ 1066
- $64.99 64.99
- $49.99 –
- Save: $15.00 (23%)
- $29.99 after $20.00 rebate card
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Budget solution, check 04/06/2014
This review is from: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI uATX AMD Motherboard
- Unfortunately I installed Windows 8.1 on the system, a fully custom build. But, perhaps as a consolation, all drivers automatically installed upon OS installation! I thought that was fairly nifty. The CD that came with it was only for Windows 7 and I didn't need to use it.
Plenty of video output options
Lots of RAM slots
3 USB2 headers on PCB
I assumed this board would have my minimums, but didn't realize or care when I selected it that it had
-Only two fan headers (CPU and chassis)
-No USB3 header on the PCB.
-Not many USB ports on the back of the motherboard.
Got this board for my wife's build, because I have no plans on overclocking. To complete this build, I bought a 4 port USB 2 array that fits into an expansion slot of my case, and a splitter for the 3 pin chassis header so that I could power both chassis fans. Essentially, this added $12 to the cost of the system so that it would meet my minimum requirements. Even so, if you have a case that has USB 3 ports on the front, and you want them to function as such, this mobo would not be a good choice. It does have an adapter so that you can use them as blue USB 2 ports.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!