- Wireless speeds up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 256 MB RAM & 128 MB Flash
- 256 QAM Support for 2.4 GHz WiFi
- Smart connect w/ latest firmware upgrade
- USB 3.0
- VPN Support
- $199.99 199.99
- $173.99 –
- Save: $26.00 (13%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Bad antenna 06/21/2014
- Stable, fast, and looks cool.
- LEDs can be turned off in the advanced settings.
- guest mode seems cool if you use this for a business.
- Has the same range as my 10 year old cheepo router that I got from Newegg.
- Huge footprint if you don't mount it on the wall.
- Costs 5-10x entry-level routers...and performs similarly.
- Defective out of the box (NEW...not refurbished; bad QC)
I bought this router to replace/upgrade an unstable 10 year old Rosewill N router that has had it's fair share of use. From the reviews online, I thought this was the de-facto best router that you can currently buy...hah, nope, mines was defective...RMA'd.
I really had high expectations for the new AC technology and was hopping for better coverage around my home and of course the faster speeds.
However, I think I received a device with bad antennae because the 4G (a/b/g/n) works fine, just like my old router, but the the 5G (ac) which I set up to be a different SSID had horrible range. I only could get 1 bar in the next room (and the 4G had full bars). Sure it was fast, but what good is speed that doesn't reach to where you need it.
So now, I am going back to the old N technology...its cheaper and seems to be more reliable anyway, with just as good (if not better) coverage...and N speeds are acceptable to 99% of most users anyway.
I am sure that my experience is not typical for this router...but If I am going to spend $189, then I would expect leaps and bounds better than this...especially when what I can get with just a regular $20 router is on par, if not better.
I am so disappointed, and ashamed that I made such a hype about this router to my family. It seems that Netgear quality control is not doing their job. Thank goodness I have shoprunner and can return anything I buy from Newegg for free.
The exeprience you had with the 5G band is not typical of the R7000, and we'd like to help. Do you still have the R7000? Also, which firmware version is it running? We recently released a firmware update that addresses some known issues experienced by a small number of R7000 owners, and it may resolve the problems you're seeing.
If you continue to have trouble, we'd like to work with you directly. We stand behind the R7000 and will troubleshoot or provide a warranty replacement if necessary.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to take the next steps to get you running 100%!
1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!