- ATX Mid Tower
- USB 3.0 x 2
- Tool-free SSD, Hard Drive, and Optical Drive installation
- $129.99 –
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Great Looks!!! 07/17/2014
- Sexy looking case (All Black)
- Air flow is fantastic
- Lots of room for water cooling needs
- Comes with motherboard standoffs installed
- Rear SSD mounting brackets (2) are a nice touch
- Removable HDD trays/bracket
- Side panel window
- I cannot stand how difficult the side panels are to put on... it's a two man job... seriously! At times I feel like its a game: Hold here, then there... don't let go of the top... oh my goodness the bottom just came off. ARGGGG!
I consider myself a computer enthusiast. Years ago I had a friend who worked for Intel make me a $2200 computer and boy did it move. However, it didn't look that nice. It's amazing how times have changed. Now it's not just about performance, it's about looking good while you're performing and this case doesn't disappoint. This case is a direct answer to the fact that Corsair is listening to their customers. I've owned several of their cases and each time they've gotten better and better.
So I chose the Corsair 450D as the case of my new build. Although it was smaller than my previous 650D, I will tell you the case is near perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. First off, it looks brilliant. The all Black theme we have grown to love from cases in general has really taken center stage. The 450D has great air flow and provides plenty of space for water cooling. I replaced all the fans in the case with Corsair AF140/120 Red LED's which made for great cooling and looks.
As I mentioned in the "Con" area, the side panels are literally a joke. It is difficult not to say a few choice words when putting them on. That being said there is no vibration that comes from them and they rarely come off after the build is finished... so docking an egg is not needed.
I removed all the HDD cages and mounted my single 1TB in the DVD-Rom slot. This allowed for better air flow and a cleaner look. I really like the two SSD cages on the back of the motherboard tray which we've seen several cases provide. Great addition.
Overall, this case is as perfect as you're likely to find. It looks great and performs better than previous "Obsidian" series cases. If you're on the fence with this purchase, pull the trigger! :)
Did you find this review helpful? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!