- Simplify your IP camera or Wireless AP installation
- Compatible with 5V or 12V Ethernet-enable device
- Power and data can be transmitted up to 328 feet
- Compact size, easy plug and play install
- $50.99 50.99
- $38.99 –
- Save: $12.00 (24%)
- Free Shipping (restrictions apply)
Works, but *not* standards compliant 01/22/2007
This review is from: D-Link DWL-P200 Power over Ethernet Adapter Kit
Inexpensive, works as advertised.
Beware! This unit predates the IEEE 802.3af standard and is *not* compatible with it. Unlike standard injectors, this injector applies 48V power continuously to pairs 1 & 4, so you also need 4-pair cable even at 10/100 Mb/s.
If you have more than a few links to power, get 802.3af-compatible splitters (like the DWL-P50) and power them from a 802.3af-standard switch. This will eliminate the need to mount an injector and a power supply for every link at your switch. A 802.3af standard PoE switch will also let you use 2 pair cable for 10/100 Mb links.
8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!