- Laser Printer
- Up to 20 ppm
- 2400 x 600 dpi Black Print Quality
- Up to 35,000 pages monthly
- 32 MB SDRAM on board Memory, std.
Best possible buy in its class 05/11/2007
Color fidelity for photos is unmatched. It will print all stocks IF you bother to change the paper feeder guides inside the printer. It will begin giving great printing from the get-go IF you bother to set the interior paper guides to normal stock from the thick stock setting they are in for shipping. You aren't going to get a Rolls Royce for the price of a VW, but that VW sure takes you nearly anywhere you want to go! Same deal here.
The paper guides must be put into the normal stock position from the thick stock position they are in for shipping. The visual instructions that ship with the printer are not specific enough to make this brain-dead obvious - and so customers who think the printer is DOA or does not print correctly are actually suffering from this situation instead. Other than that, I have yet to get a true lemon, and I deploy them regularly.
1) Laser color printers are the most sensible answer for anyone trying to escape the ink cartridge robbery from those printer manufacturers.
2) HP can't compete in the resolution department - they refuse to go beyond their 600 x 600 resolution - the KM goes up to 600 x 2400.
3) Those who do get a problem printer didn't bother to read the 1 yr. exchange warranty from KM. They will swap it out - all postage paid by KM. The 2-year extension gives you 3 years of worry-free ownership.
5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!