- Portable desktop
- SoC 500MHz Processor
- 1 x 10/100/1000M
- 3 x USB2.0
Great Product ! 09/05/2007
This review is from: QNAP TS-109 Pro All-in-one NAS Server
This product is so cool. It comes with MySQL and PHP installed. WOW! How cool is that. It is VERY fast as well. Somewhere online I read it has a 500Mhz CPU which I believe it! The php and mysql run so fast!!! I'm actually using it as an intranet for our small business. Works perfectly for that. Pretty much it works exactly as advertised but don't make any assumptions before you buy.
1) The firmware it comes with sucks. You have to upgrade immediately.
2) It really should have come with cURL and mcrypt preinstalled. This means you can't run many shopping cart engines on it. Unfortunately there is no way to install it too. The designers should have really thought of that.
4) The file permissions is really wierd. There should be different file permissions in FTP mode and Network mode (as available in many/most other cheaper and crappier NAS products). Perhaps it is a limitation of the embedded linux they put in it.
5) Admin panel does not work well with Mozilla
6) Despite whatever the manufacturers website says, it runs WAY TOO HOT! I bought a couple of heat sinks and have put them everywhere but not helping too much as no where for the heat to escape. I hope my 7200rpm hard drive does not die out on me in the long run :(
I put down a lot of cons hoping that the manufacturers will see my review and upgrade the firmware. This product is really great and sets the standard for all other NAS servers to follow. No other NAS server I've seen comes even close!
4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes / No Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!