Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Replacement Laptop Battery for ASUS 07G016C71875,07G016WC1865,15G10N373800,15G10N373830,70NED1B1200Z,70-NED1B1200Z,90NED1B1000Y,90-NED1B1000Y,90NED1B2100Y,90-NED1B2100Y,90RNED2B1000Y,90R-NED2B1000Y,A
Pros: This battery was the secret find for my N61DA-X1. After purchasing two from other builders that "swore it fit" this one actually did. The original battery was at 4800 this is a 5200 so I get better battery life than the original battery (for half the price). Can't complain!
Other Thoughts: I have to give "Replace Battery Now" the seller 5/5 Eggs. Newegg's battery replacement finder didn't work for my model of laptop, getting sick of two failed purchases from other companies, I e-mailed the Replace Battery Now through Newegg giving my Model number. I received an e-mail in less than hour asking for serial numbers and part numbers of the battery I was using so they could get the right part. We exchanged probably 5 e-mails and got it right the first time. Even included the newegg link for the product! Would definitely recommend sending an e-mail to confirm that the product matches your model.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Lightweight
- Simple & Effective
- Windows 8 Lightweight OS
- 2GB's is plenty
- Great battery life (I typically get something around 6-8 hours if on power saver mode)
- I do full work projects on this little guy with Microsoft Office programs and it seems to handle it decently, as long as you aren't doing too much at one time
- Asus Customer Service (I don't care what you say I've always had great interactions)
Cons: - Heavy keys: I often find myself sometimes having to hit the keys a little bit harder than I do on the rest of my laptops/computers.
- Lightweight Processor: Come on you are buying a netbook not a power-horse (I wouldn't consider this a negative)
- Bloatware: Not too much but it does come with a lot of Asus software (like virtual webcam experiences) that are a little childish.
Other Thoughts: - I've owned Asus's netbooks since they came out with the first eee-family laptop. I've loved these things and they have always served a great purpose.
- Netbook vs Chromebook: So you may ask yourself what is the primary difference or benefit of one over the other? A Chromebook only has an SSD large enough for it's operating system and a few applications, most of the items are saved via cloud (online storage). Netbooks don't operate as fast because they utilize less expensive/slower HDD's with a larger amount of space.
- This thing is great for any light work you may need. I'm not going to lug my 17 laptop for a 3 day business trip or to utilize for an afternoon at a conference of some sort. I'm not much of a fan of the work tablets so these type of laptops are great for those who want the legitimate feel of a PC with all the Mobile benefits.
- Replacement parts: this is the downfall to 90% of all laptops. For these netbooks, the only issue I've ever ran into was the side fan burning out. I do have to admit that I often leave my netbook on for 12+ hours when I am on business for skype and what not. Asus sent me a new fan to replace the original burnt one but it was a completely different fan setting, after a few weeks they got the right one sent. It just sucked being in the middle of no where without a working computer.
- Webcam: the webcam isn't the greatest thing alive, but skype/ghangouts work just fine
I think it's important to tell you that I've dropped this thing countless times on concrete and hard tile and the poor thing still doesn't show a single scratch. My original mini had a quart of beer poured into it and after letting it dry it worked for 2 years after that before I upgraded.
Overall a great little machine that I would recommend to anyone looking for a lightweight device.
This review is from: Raspberry Pi Enhanced Bundle with User Guide by EasyAsPi™
Pros: The Raspberry-Pi is a great little experiment to fool around with. The price for the bundle is great, especially for someone who has none of the items or know how to assemble it. Just please keep in mind it's capabilities.
Cons: SHIPPING COST! The shipping cost is an additional 20% of the cost of the item. They brag about how it's the size of a credit card and then charge like they are mailing a box of bricks! Any person who understands business can already tell this is absurd.
Other Thoughts: It's not much of a con but the booklet is costing you a few extra bucks. If you don't want to pay for it, it's all available free for download online.READ FULL REVIEW