Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Black ECS LIVA 2GB DDR3L RAM installed 32GB eMMC Storage
Pros: - x86_64 with small size (dangleboard)
- low power consumption (550mA @ 5V)
- dualie CPU/RAM to run GUI and bloatware browsers (load 1000 mA @ 5V)
- fast disk (read eMMC 130, USB3 69 MB/s)
- acceptable headphone sound
- microUSB power supply easily replaceable. Mostly used Apple 12W for testing.
Cons: - UEFI BIOS with no working legacy mode
- wireless & BT antennae tricky connectors (did not test) & dubious drivers
- boxy, oversized case (I hang bare, would post photo but webmeisters too lazy to vet)
- peaks too much power for pass-thru USB battery banks
- regular price too high per component costs.
Other Thoughts: - Great board. Installed Lubuntu 14.10 with _zero_ glitches. Scary experience :)
- Some USB kbd disconnects, cured with 4 wraps through a snap choke.
- Would have preferred a [micro]SD slot to preload and shuffle OSes, but speed of the eMMC more than compensates.
- I like my Raspberry A+ at 200mA which is fine with textmode sshd but this bd has more than enough power to run the sadly necessary GUI browsers.
- Feels like 2 * 2GHz i5 desktop. More responsive than my work comp.
Pros: As described. Check the HP DC7800 Tech Manual. Has 2 GB as 2 * 1 GB for dual channel DRAM (both need replacing for upgrade). Mine shipped with HP 135W PSU brick -- burn-in test was fine.
Cons: slimline DVD looks like mini-PATA -- not as easy to replace. Two fans on this case, but were quiet on mine. YMMV.
Other Thoughts: At this price, I'd buy a secondREAD FULL REVIEW
Pros: Appear to be unused OEM surplus.
Drives dated June 2014 in factory-sealed bags.
Tested 2 for 2h each -- no failures
Other Thoughts: Better than described -- I was expecting pulls.READ FULL REVIEW
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.