Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Seiki SE42UM Class 4K Ultra UHDTV
Pros: - ATSC works fine from rabbit ears (102 chan)
- 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz without driver
- not perfect but acceptable illumination/color evenness
- image 3mm from bezel
- good viewing angles 250 USD.
Cons: - needed reflash to eliminate 0.5s image lag (harmless for TV, horrible for mousing)
- after reflash, mousing much better but not perfect (may be inherent in vid.card or 30 Hz)
- device takes ~5s to recover from sleep (fine for TV, less so for monitor)
- fixed, 2 prong power cord.
Other Thoughts: - excellent value
- watch ergo if you use as monitor (crane neck on tall screen)
This review is from: Westinghouse WRC301S 20 Cup Rice Cooker SS
Pros: - seems CPU controlled (power relay cycles on-off)
- condensate receptacle & vent easy to clean
- rice evenly made with small amount of brown crust on bottom.
- lots of room to fluff rice
Cons: - size not clear from description:
- "marketing" sizing -- 20 cups? 160oz (4.5L)? only to brim (overfull).
- capacity is 10 scoops (180mL) raw rice, might cook to 20.
- capacity is 2.8L to max fill line, 4.5L to brim.
Other Thoughts: - IEC replaceable cord.
- lid hinges only from right.
This review is from: LIVA 32GB 2GB DDR3L RAM installed 32GB eMMC Storage
Pros: - x86_64 with small size (dangleboard)
- low power consumption (550mA @ 5V)
- dualie CPU/RAM to run GUI and bloatware browsers (load 1000 mA @ 5V)
- fast disk (read eMMC 130, USB3 69 MB/s)
- acceptable headphone sound
- microUSB power supply easily replaceable. Mostly used Apple 12W for testing.
Cons: - UEFI BIOS with no working legacy mode
- wireless & BT antennae tricky connectors (did not test) & dubious drivers
- boxy, oversized case (I hang bare, would post photo but webmeisters too lazy to vet)
- peaks too much power for pass-thru USB battery banks
- regular price too high per component costs.
Other Thoughts: - Great board. Installed Lubuntu 14.10 with _zero_ glitches. Scary experience :)
- Some USB kbd disconnects, cured with 4 wraps through a snap choke.
- Would have preferred a [micro]SD slot to preload and shuffle OSes, but speed of the eMMC more than compensates.
- I like my Raspberry A+ at 200mA which is fine with textmode sshd but this bd has more than enough power to run the sadly necessary GUI browsers.
- Feels like 2 * 2GHz i5 desktop. More responsive than my work comp.