Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Westinghouse WRC301S 20 Cup Rice Cooker SS
Pros: - seems CPU controlled (power relay cycles on-off)
- condensate receptacle & vent easy to clean
- rice evenly made with small amount of brown crust on bottom.
- lots of room to fluff rice
Cons: - size not clear from description:
- "marketing" sizing -- 20 cups? 160oz (4.5L)? only to brim (overfull).
- capacity is 10 scoops (180mL) raw rice, might cook to 20.
- capacity is 2.8L to max fill line, 4.5L to brim.
Other Thoughts: - IEC replaceable cord.
- lid hinges only from right.
This review is from: LIVA 32GB 2GB DDR3L RAM installed 32GB eMMC Storage
Pros: - x86_64 with small size (dangleboard)
- low power consumption (550mA @ 5V)
- dualie CPU/RAM to run GUI and bloatware browsers (load 1000 mA @ 5V)
- fast disk (read eMMC 130, USB3 69 MB/s)
- acceptable headphone sound
- microUSB power supply easily replaceable. Mostly used Apple 12W for testing.
Cons: - UEFI BIOS with no working legacy mode
- wireless & BT antennae tricky connectors (did not test) & dubious drivers
- boxy, oversized case (I hang bare, would post photo but webmeisters too lazy to vet)
- peaks too much power for pass-thru USB battery banks
- regular price too high per component costs.
Other Thoughts: - Great board. Installed Lubuntu 14.10 with _zero_ glitches. Scary experience :)
- Some USB kbd disconnects, cured with 4 wraps through a snap choke.
- Would have preferred a [micro]SD slot to preload and shuffle OSes, but speed of the eMMC more than compensates.
- I like my Raspberry A+ at 200mA which is fine with textmode sshd but this bd has more than enough power to run the sadly necessary GUI browsers.
- Feels like 2 * 2GHz i5 desktop. More responsive than my work comp.
Pros: As described. Check the HP DC7800 Tech Manual. Has 2 GB as 2 * 1 GB for dual channel DRAM (both need replacing for upgrade). Mine shipped with HP 135W PSU brick -- burn-in test was fine.
Cons: slimline DVD looks like mini-PATA -- not as easy to replace. Two fans on this case, but were quiet on mine. YMMV.
Other Thoughts: At this price, I'd buy a secondREAD FULL REVIEW