Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Have I said it's FAST? Wow, it's super fast.
- Small footprint in your case is a very nice plus.
- Excellent driver from Samsung that will improve performance in a Windows 10 environment.
Cons: - Can be challenging to configure as the boot drive in some MBs. Not an issue with this product, much more an issue with how MB BIOS supports this type of drive. No Eggs removed from review but thought it worth mentioning.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Support for PCIe x4 Gen 3 M.2 SSDs (blazing fast)
- Even with PCIe x4 M.2 SSD there are plenty of lanes left for up to x3 SLI configuration
- Easy to install socket 1151 CPU with ASUS CPU holder
- DDR4 support (no issues with XMP profiles for my DDR4 3000 Corsair memory)
- Nice LED lighting on the MB for the transparent case crowd
Cons: - If you choose to update the BIOS (which I recommend), do so BEFORE you load Windows. The BIOS flash loses all of your settings when you upgrade. I had to reconfigure my M.2 and RAID 0 array and was scared to death that I lost all of my data on the reconfigure. Also make sure you download the latest image to a USB key beforehand as I couldn't get the internet option in the BIOS to work. Minus one egg for putting my heart in my throat after the BIOS flash.
- Initial difficulty in getting my M.2 SSD as the boot drive when installing Windows 10. Also the initial RAID 0 configuration was a bit touchy to configure as well. This is why I almost passed out when I flashed the BIOS and lost the configuration. This contributed to 4 Egg review as well.
Other Thoughts: - I do recommend this board, just not to the feint of heart. If you are a first time system builder you may want to look elsewhere or enlist a friend with more experience to help. It took me the better part of 4 hours to get to the point of installing Windows 10 (that's assembly and configuration). I would have expected it to take less time as this is far from my first rodeo.
- It seems that ASUS had some problems out of the gate with this MB but the technical issues are resolved (at least for me). The latest BIOS rev is stable and I had none of the issues other buyers had with XMP and DDR4 memory.
- My build (for reference for those that might find it useful):
- ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
- Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
- CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 04G-P4-2974-KR 4GB SC GAMING w/ACX 2.0
- EVGA GTX 970 Backplate ACX 2.0
- ASUS DVD-Writer 24X DVD
- SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4
- x2 Seagate Hybrid Drive ST1000DX001 1TB
- Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W ATX12V
This review is from: GARMIN nüvi 2597LMT 5.0" GPS Navigation w/ Lifetime Map & Traffic Update
Pros: Marketplace seller shipped the unit fast.
Cons: Received a whitebox refurbished unit. I didn’t get to use the product. Requested and received refund.
Other Thoughts: I've since bought the Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT elsewhere and can say it's an excellent unit. I deducted 4 eggs from this purchase based on my experience with the Marketplace seller.READ FULL REVIEW