Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: LG 25UM56-P Black 25" IPS 2 x HDMI FHD ULTRAWIDE LED Monitor 250 cd/m2 5,000,000:1
Pros: - I'm amazed at how much more I can see both on the desktop as well as in games; the cinematic 21:9 resolution is definitely legit!
- The clarity of this monitor is very well done. Compared to my old Viewsonic IPS monitor, which served me well, I'd say it looks much more vivid color wise. Going from 1000:1 to 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio definitely shows up!
- This thing is LIGHT. Like, half as light as my old monitor... But bigger? How does that work!? It's neat!
- The Dual Controller app is quite neat, even though I can't use it to its full potential (read cons below), it allows me to control my HTPC without having to dig another keyboard out.
Cons: - The Dual Controller app doesn't work fully. By that I mean, it's supposed to let you have two monitors or inputs show up at the same time on one monitor from 2 PCs... But there's no option to enable it on the monitor's menu. Kind of a bummer.
- Only 2 HDMI inputs? Really? This thing could have had at least an extra DVI port or display port... But for the price I got it, eh, works out. I have a receiver to handle input switching for that. Still, these last two cons take an egg off the final product in my experience.
- I didn't find the screen splitting program to work that well. It does work, but just not as fluently as Windows' default window splitting. Windows 10 has further support for four way splitting anyway. Not a huge con, but I just didn't find it useful enough.
Other Thoughts: The only main issue I've had with this monitor is getting it to work with my setup.
I have 3 inputs I need to connect to this monitor, but my receiver doesn't support 21:9 resolution formats. So I'm currently testing out a new receiver with HDMI 2.0 that will hopefully solve that problem.
-Make sure your receiver supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 if you want the proper resolution to pass through the receiver at 2560x1080p! Research pays!-
This monitor will definitely surprise you, but if you have the room, I would recommend the bigger (29"/34") variants. Come join the 21:9 club!
This review is from: Elgato Game Capture HD60 10025015, 1080p Capture with 60 fps
Pros: This capture card is literally a no-fuss-about-it product. You literally plug in the HDMI output from your console or PC to the card, and then plug the HDMI from there to your TV or Monitor. The capture software included works very well, but it also works flawlessly with OBS for more control. Since it doesn't need a separate power supply, it frees up space, too! Overall, it allows me to separate audio sources when I stream games, and that helps a ton for my setup... Oh, and did I mention it can capture 60fps 1080p footage?
Cons: I wish the software had a couple more advanced features and configurations; for simple plug-and-play streaming, it works great, but if I want to separate sources (like capture cards on OBS), I have to use OBS.
Other Thoughts: I've been waiting for a 60fps 1080p capture card for a while, and when I saw this release, I ordered it almost immediately. I highly recommend this card over some of the other brands due to it's versatility, solid software, and ease of use.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: The case works very well and looks great! I do not like the other materials for cases, or the designs. This case has a fold-able cover for multiple tablet positions, as well as it also wakes and puts the tablet to sleep, just like Nvidia's official cover.
The material is strong as well, my Nvidia SHIELD fits snugly in it. The cutouts for the cameras, speakers, buttons, micro-sd slot, and stylus are all well placed. It even has a handle to grab for when the case is open!
Lastly, there's no logo on the outside of the case. I was going to order this from another seller on a different e-tailer, but I paid a bit more to not have their name stamped on the case. x)
Cons: The only minor con I can think of is for the Nvidia SHIELD LTE Tablet users: One of the flaps covers where the Micro-sim card would be inserted, but let's be honest, for the most part one wouldn't be taking that back out after putting it in.
Other Thoughts: I also want to state some information about this seller for others: Yes they are located in China, and yes the shipping will take around 2 weeks. That being said, most of the negative reviews placed for this seller are misinformed. Most of the issues are from the consumers not knowing about the shipment times for overseas sellers. Only one reviewer I have a question about, but it seems to me more like a local carrier issue than from the shipper.READ FULL REVIEW