Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Good value.
* Generic non-proprietary power supply.
* Full sized ethernet, VGA, and HDMI ports.
* All reference hardware. No obviously weird components.
* Only McAfee was pre-installed. The initial system image is nearly clean, so I didn't bother to do a wipe and reinstall.
Cons: * Doesn't wake up when the lid is opened.
* No mult-touch gestures. Single-touch only.
* The case is plastic, not metallic like most ultrabooks.
* The display panel is old technology; it has a lower black level, viewing angle, and pixel response than I expected.
Other Thoughts: This is a safe choice for a laptop that costs less than $500. Although it is missing some nearly standard features, you don't get that much more value at the next price point.
The SSD is not partitioned for Ready Boost, which is something that you should do manually.
I would buy this model again if I needed to replace it.
Pros: * Windows 7 Experience Score of 5.9
* The new integrated A-Series GPU is much better than the integrated Intel graphics at the same price point.
* Nice full sized keyboard with numpad. No misplaced or awkward keys like on some HP laptops.
* The software pre-load is mostly okay. I only uninstalled the Symantec products.
Cons: * Slow hard disk.
* No bluray drive.
* No restore media.
* The display panel is huge, but its native resolution is less than 1080p. Most people won't notice.
* A large computer like this should have more ports.
Other Thoughts: This is a desktop replacement laptop. It won't fit into most computer bags.
The panel is big and bright with large pixels, which would make it good for people with poor eyesight (or people that just like their screen that way).
This review is from: MASSCOOL PCI Card, 2 internal SATA Model XWT-RC041
Pros: The XWT-RC041 is a sil3112 reference card that identifies itself as vendor 1095 device 3112. I got a card with a 128kb flash chip and was able to successfully install bootable firmware for Mac OS X.
Cons: As other reviewers have noticed, the card ships with a buggy BIOS and the SATA connectors are flimsy.
Other Thoughts: I got this card for less than $20 including shipping.READ FULL REVIEW
Display Name: Darik H.
Date Joined: 07/19/07
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.